Monday, March 30, 2009

Books, and new environment ;




KK's posting has finally ended. Finally. No more 66! Well, I'm glad that I do not have to travel there anymore in the near future, and well, posted there sure has opened up my eyes a little, and during the last 2 weeks there, surprisingly I've made further decisions on my future and more definite goals in my career path. And I will work hard to achieve to my destination, that I promise myself..
Long ago when I first chose this path, my final ultimate place was Africa, to help the people there to understand AIDS. True, now that I think back, it was quite a naive and innocent thought. Now if someone were to ask me the same question, I don't think I can safely answer back that that place is still my ultimatum place. Afterall, I can't even finish my duty in Sg, much less of Africa where medical advances are so much backward in society.....

Thus for now, I have more definite & (mature) goals to get too. 10 years. I really hope I can achieve those in this time span. ((:


Today was the first day posting in IMH. The journey is horrendous, and honestly, I never did realised I could feel so lost in a remote place in Singapore. Hahaha. But we spent like 3/4 of the time touring the hospital and then the last 2 hours we just kinda got to know about our patients... Sure, intimidating to an extent but I suppose I'm in safe hands. CI's a nice guy and his big size adds on to the reassurance. Lol.



Actl checked out routes to IMH with love on Saturday, because I was afraid I didn't know how to get there.. So we did. Tmr's noon shift so I have to take the bus, not sure if love's sending me though.. Hopefully! Lol.




(credits: x)


Other than that, nothing much except.... I've finally caught on to the Twilight bandwagon. Apparently N's sister has all 4 books, so... why not right? And since I think the Twilight trend has faded a bit, so I'm more comfortable picking it up. I don't know, I think it's just me but I don't exactly like reading the same books when everyone else is reading. It gives the impression like, "Oh, another Twilight fan....zzz" But well, I can see why Stephanie Meyer has so many people falling under the spell... Have to admit her writing pulls you deep into the lives of Bella & Edward. (: Lol, though I got to watch myself. I finished New Moon in a day? And with this speed I'm going, I think I might miss out couple of details in the book in my pursuit to get to the Epilogue. Haha, gotta savor good books eh? Since I don't get much chances nowadays.. I miss my Robin Cook days.. James Patterson days. Lol. And not to mention, the frenzied period when I was ga-ga over Fearless(!!!) HAHA. My fortune that love's an avid reader as well.. so my fortnightly trips to library means much more. Heehee.

Oh note to self, must try to get Picoult's new book. (:



On one of our trip to the library.. (:
I love rainbows, and I love it more when N's record remains 100% as my rainbow-attractor. HAHA. Always and only with you, dear. You see? :DD

For now, my life is like this. 2 more weeks, and I'll be getting my rest before year3. Gahhhhh... oh, the results for the latest sem was good (: heehee, better than I expected.

Need to save money too! Must curb shopping temptations!! =/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Handle with Care :)